Africa In Focus

Africa In Focus: "The mainstream thinking now is that Africa is different and we could get it right if we want. The choice is fully ours, and it is now time for us to define what we want."

African Development Bank (AFDB) President, Dr. Donald Kaberuka.

Friday 14 June 2013

Entrepreneurial Nugget From A Botswana Writer



Having been a struggling entrepreneur and writer, the best advice I can give to anyone is, don’t wait for anyone to give you a big break, and don’t think anyone will give you an oppourtunity. I wasted so many years going around submitting proposals, doing presentations. And what did I get in return, a stack of rejection letters, and many empty promises. It is only when I stopped looking to anyone, and realised that I needed to create my own big breaks, when I decided that I did not need anyone to give me opportunities, that I would create them for myself, and that I would finance my own dreams that I began to see some progress.

The other thing is learning to start small, and growing organically, even if you have to start with a tuck shop, start with that, the big dreams and idea will follow.

-          Barolong Mouwane; Author of “The Good Dictator.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your views :-)