Africa In Focus

Africa In Focus: "The mainstream thinking now is that Africa is different and we could get it right if we want. The choice is fully ours, and it is now time for us to define what we want."

African Development Bank (AFDB) President, Dr. Donald Kaberuka.

Friday 16 August 2013

Webometric Ranking: List of Africa’s and Nigeria’s Top 10 Universities



World renowned research council, Cybermetrics Lab, in its latest webometrics ranking has ranked Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, as the best university in Nigeria and the eighth in Africa.

In the last rankings released earlier this year, the university was rated number one in Nigeria but 14th in Africa.

The latest ranking of tertiary institutions in the World by Webometrics also positioned the Federal Polytechnic, Auchi as the best Polytechnic in Africa and by implication the best in the country.

Auchi Polytechnic, University of Ibadan and University of Lagos ranked 23, 24 and 25 in Africa.

The ranking showed that Auchi Polytechnic retained its position as the second best tertiary educational institution in Nigeria.

Rector of the polytechnic, Dr. Philipa Idogho, expressed satisfaction with the latest ranking of the polytechnic, which has been a consistent performance since 2010.

“That the polytechnic has consistently been rated with the universities demonstrates the high standard of academic activities in the institution,” she said, adding that the rating was a further challenge to the polytechnic’s management to work harder as being at the top is not as difficult as remaining at the top.

University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN), Federal University of Agriculture Abeokuta (FUNAAB), Yaba College of Technology (YABATECH), University of Benin (UNIBEN), Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) and University of Ilorin (UNILORIN) took the 5th-10th positon as the best Universities in Nigeria while their positon in Africa stands at 31, 45,46,69,74 and 81 respectively.

In their research, Webometric considers the scientific impact of the university activities and the economic relevance of the technology transfer to industry, the community engagement (social, cultural, environmental roles) and even the political influence.

Research output is also key topic for Webometrics; this includes formal (e-journals, repositories) publications and informal scholarly communication. In addition, Webometrics uses link analysis for quality evaluation.

Cybermetrics said the Ranking Web or Webometrics is the largest academic ranking of Higher Education Institutions.

Here is the List of the Best Universities in Africa according to Webometric:

  • University of Kwazulu Natal, SA (381 in world ranking)
  • University of Cape Town, SA
  • Stellenbosch University, SA
  • Makerere University, Uganda
  • University of the Witwatersrand, SA
  • University of Pretoria, SA
  • University of the Western Cape, SA
  • Obafemi Awolowo University, Nigeria
  • Rhodes University, SA
  • Cairo University, Egypt


Harvard University, however, remain the best in the world.


View full list of Africa’s best Universities here: http://www.webometrics.info/en/Ranking_africa

6 comments:

  1. How to Get Your Ex boyfriend Back "I suggest you read this because I’m extremely happy that me and my bf living together again"‎ Am Mary 21yr from England, my boyfriend of a 4yr just broke up with me and am 30 weeks pregnant.I have cried my self to sleep most of the nights and don’t seem to concentrate during lectures sometimes I stay awake almost all night thinking about him and start to cry all over again.Because of this I end up not having energy for my next day’s classes ,my attendance has dropped and am always in uni and on time.Generally he is a very nice guy ,he ended it because he said we were arguing a lot and not getting along.He is right we’ve been arguing during the pregnancy a lot .After the break up I kept ringing him and telling him I will change.I am in love with this guy and he is the best guy I have ever been with.I’m still hurt and in disbelief when he said he didn’t have any romantic feelings towards me anymore that hurt me faster than a lethal syringe.He texts me now and then mainly to check up on how am doing with the pregnancy,he is supportive with it but it’s not fair on me, him texting me as I just want to grieve the pain and not have any stress due to the pregnancy.i was really upset and i needed help, so i searched for help online and I came across a website that suggested that Dr Unity can help solve marital problems, restore broken relationships and so on. So, I felt I should give him a try. I contacted him and he told me what to do and i did it then he did a spell for me. 28 hours later, my bf came to me and apologized for the wrongs he did and promise never to do it again. Ever since then, everything has returned back to normal. I and my bf are living together happily again.. All thanks to Dr Unity. If you have any problem contact Dr.Unity now and i guarantee you that he will help you.Email him at: Unityspelltemple@gmail.com ,you can also call him or add him on whats-app: +2348071622464 ,His website: http://unityspelltemple.yolasite.com .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its so unfortunate that my husband left me after five years in marriage. thought he finally left the house in the third year of our marriage just because i was unable to conceive. i wonder what happened to Andrea Delacruz my husband that makes him leave the house. he is a God fearing person and very humble. i know that leaving me wasn't ordinary. we dated for seven months and i never notice such character in him before i married him. i cried and wept through my days and night because i really love Andrea Delacruz my husband. in the process of crying and thinking, i recall that his grand mom never support our marriage, she never wanted me to be married to the family. i never give up and i prayed for God to intervene. one a faithful day it was a Thursday morning when my fellow college in my working place noticed my attitude and behaviour seems different from the real me and i never wanted to disclosed my Family issues but i shared with her my feeling and what i have been going through. she told me that something similar to these happened to her Elder sister and she told me that everything will be fine. she later invite me to her house to meet her elder sister then i opened up to her and she refers me to a man called Dr. Sambo and i did just as she said. i called Dr. Sambo immediately and he respond to my call in that moment and the first thing he said was 'WOMAN WOMAN' you have to believe and have faith that your problem will be solved. i asked, what should i do? then he said to me in two days time my husband will be back and i asked, Dr. Sambo is this going to be real? the last thing he said was that i will testify of his work. i did just as instructed and i watch for good forty-eight {48} hours. hmmmm, it was a good night time at 10:05pm within the days that Dr. Sambo told me that my husband Andrea Delacruz will be back, at first i heard the bell rings getting close to my door i heard someone saying HONEY!!!, it sound familiar i opened the door and i saw my husband standing and weeping in front of me. i was not surprised because its all i have been praying for him to come back home. Guess what in six days after i noticed my system and my body temperature is changed and i went to clinic for check up and the doctor told me that there is life in me which means i am pregna i really wants to use this opportunity to thanks Dr. Sambo so much and my lovely collage who directed me to Dr. Sambo if you have any problem or predicament that is worse or exactly like this you have been into, i plead you to contact Dr. Sambo

    Dr. Sambo E-MAIL: divinespellhome@gmail.com

    Dr. Sambo PHONE: +2348145810121

    ( Go through his site for more details)
    Indeed, he is a great and a lovely man, God bless him for uniting my family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. some students of UOL about their teachers and their teaching methods. The response was not satisfactory for me and wasn't near all the ratings and rankings they have got. You will read detail of my conversation with a student in "Student Talk" section. Directions to charity

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post is amazing. I am happy to see your thoughts. This blog too much informational for me. It’s very useful to all. You can find easily Best University in Africa which is University of Nigeria.

    ReplyDelete

  5. i am very grateful sharing this great testimonies with you, The best thing that has ever happened in my life is how i win the lottery. I am a woman who believe that one day i will win the lottery.finally my dreams came through when i email PRIEST WISDOM  . and tell him i need the lottery numbers. i have come a long way spending money on ticket just to make sure i win. But i never know that winning was so easy until the day i meant the spell caster online which so many people has talked about that he is very great in casting lottery spell, so i decide to give it a try.I contacted this man and he did a spell and he gave me the winning lottery numbers. But believe me when the draws were out i was among winners. i won $1,000,000  Dollar. PRIEST WISDOM truly you are the best, with these man you can win millions of money through lottery. i am so very happy to meet these man, i will forever be grateful Email him Supernaturalspell1@gmail.com or WHATSAPP  or Call Via +2348124644470   BLOGSPOT : https://lotteryspellcaster1.blogspot.com/















    i am very grateful sharing this great testimonies with you, The best thing that has ever happened in my life is how i win the lottery. I am a woman who believe that one day i will win the lottery.finally my dreams came through when i email PRIEST WISDOM  . and tell him i need the lottery numbers. i have come a long way spending money on ticket just to make sure i win. But i never know that winning was so easy until the day i meant the spell caster online which so many people has talked about that he is very great in casting lottery spell, so i decide to give it a try.I contacted this man and he did a spell and he gave me the winning lottery numbers. But believe me when the draws were out i was among winners. i won $1,000,000  Dollar. PRIEST WISDOM truly you are the best, with these man you can win millions of money through lottery. i am so very happy to meet these man, i will forever be grateful Email him Supernaturalspell1@gmail.com or WHATSAPP  or Call Via +2348124644470   BLOGSPOT : https://lotteryspellcaster1.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your views :-)