HP also released a new HP Multi-Tablet Charging Module which quickly and easily charges and stores up to 10 tablet PCs with just one power outlet. Suitable for a range of different work environments, the module secures all docked tablets with a locking mechanism and a keyed lock on the fold-back doors.
“Employees want computing devices that work the way they do—flexibly and able to adapt to any situation,” said Salim Ziade, General Manager HP Printing and Personal Systems Group, HP Middle East. “HP is committed to ensuring its Elite portfolio of tablet solutions will provide customers the features their employees need for maximum productivity, with a design they’ll be proud to carry everywhere they go, all without sacrificing the enterprise services and protection that take the headache away from IT.”
An HP EliteBook that bends over backwards to get more done
With a touch-enabled display that pivots to let users share their work or revolves and folds to go ultra-mobile as a tablet, the HP EliteBook Revolve is designed for busy enterprise environments. Representing the ninth generation of HP’s line of convertible tablets, it has all the tools needed to get the job done, including:
• Windows 7 Pro or Windows 8 Pro for a familiar PC experience with the intuitive experience of touch, all driven by the latest Intel processors.
• An 11.6-inch diagonal HD display packed into a 3.04 lb/1.4 kg design allows for mobile freedom without sacrificing performance.
• Automatic adjustments to screen orientation, brightness and more based on position, as well as a full-sized, backlit keyboard and optional pen.
• A 720p HD4 camera, dual-microphone array, DTS Studio Sound and included CyberLink YouCam software enable easy face-to-face communication and the creation of HD web videos.
• Premium materials, including durable, scratch-resistant Corning Gorilla® Glass® 2 and an all-magnesium chassis.
• Enterprise-class docking capabilities for simple connectivity to a display, keyboard, mouse, additional ports or printer.
• 3G WWAN, USB 3.0, DisplayPort and secure NFC for simple, secure on-the-go productivity, plus enterprise-class, common docking capabilities for full connectivity at the office.
• Enterprise-class components and solid-state drive options up to 256 GB with Intel Rapid Start Technology, ready in as fast as 5 milliseconds.
Work anywhere with easy deployment, management and security
As with all HP EliteBooks, the HP Revolve is packed with all the tools IT needs to securely deploy and manage a fleet across an enterprise, including:
• Enterprise IT tools such as Active Directory, domain join, PXE boot support and a range of HP Client Management solutions, allowing for secure deployment and effective fleet management.
• HP Client Security(10) to provide protection at every layer, including HP BIOS Protection and Microsoft Defender(11) or Microsoft Security Essentials; an embedded, certified TPM security chip for data encryption; and four years of HP Absolute Data Protect to help further protect the device, data and user identity.
• HP Global Series and HP Custom Integration Services for simple deployment across a global enterprise with consistent global configurations and customisation options such as corporate image loading.
• Print directly to any ePrint-capable HP printer or to a networked HP printer without the need for downloading drivers. HP ePrint software also allows users to print remotely at more than 24,000 public locations such as hotels and business service retailers.
HP delivers new accessory to expand HP ElitePad ecosystem
In October, HP introduced its first enterprise-class tablet, the HP ElitePad, which was designed from the ground up to better meet the varied needs of enterprise customers. The HP ElitePad launch also included a unique, productivity-enhancing ecosystem of HP ElitePad Smart Jackets and additional accessories.
A new addition to this ecosystem is the HP Multi-Tablet Charging Module, an accessory that helps areas like nurses’ stations, classrooms and other workspaces stay tidy while keeping tablets charged and secure for when users need them. The module works with any tablet device up to 10.1 diagonal inches/25.65 cm, and is ideal for use with the HP ElitePad tablet and the HP ENVY x2 notebook (announced Aug. 30)—which doubles as tablet—whether the notebook is being used on its own or with an HP Smart Jacket or keyboard. The convenient stackable design allows for two Multi-Tablet Charging Modules to be charged simultaneously, and features a unique cable management system for easy, one-time set-up.
The HP Multi-Tablet Charging Module is expected to be available across EMEA in March 2013 for a manufacturer’s suggested list price of Euro 499.